It's finally fall and it's time for pumpkin everything! These cookies were super easy to make and amazingly delicious! They are just the right amount of pumpkin, so it's not too overwhelming, and the cinnamon cream cheese frosting is the perfect topping. You definitely can't eat just one!
3 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup unflavored vegetable shortening
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
2 large egg yolks
2/3 cup canned pumpkin purée
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 oz cream cheese
3 tablespoons butter, softened
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (recipe here)
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a Mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon ,nutmeg, and ginger. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, cream together butter, shortening, and sugar until pale and fluffy. Mix in egg yolks one at a time. Mix in pumpkin purée and vanilla extract. With mixer set on low speed, slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until combined.
4. Make balls using 3 tablespoons of dough per ball. Place on a SilPat lined baking sheet. Using fingers flatten cookies into rounds until they are 1/2 inch thick. Bake 11 to 12 minutes.
1. In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, with together cream cheese and butter until pale and fluffy. Mix in cinnamon, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar. Mix in milk and whip until smooth and fluffy.
Recipe from Cooking Classy.