FRIDAY FAVORITE // SILK PILLOWCASE





So I finally gave in and purchased a silk pillowcase. I've been reading for a long time how they prevent wrinkles (silk contains natural proteins that fight skin aging, and prevent sleep creases); and anyone who knows me, knows I will do anything to prevent wrinkles.



Not only do silk pillowcases help with wrinkles, they also:

Are good for your hair: The natural properties of silk can help reduce friction on your hair which often causes damage, like spilt ends. Less friction = less frizz!

Are hypoallergenic: Some of silk’s hypoallergenic properties include a natural resistance to dust mites, fungus and mold, in addition to many other allergens. (No joke, I have noticed a considerable decrease in my allergies since I've been using it).

Keeps your skin hydrated: Cotton is very absorbent. It can hold 24-27 times its own weight in water. This means it actually draws moisture away from you skin, drying it out stealing your expensive face crème in the process! When sleeping on silk, your skin is much more hydrated in the morning. 



I purchased  a 100% mulberry charmeuse silk pillowcase from Amazon. It's on sale right now for $22.99 with free shipping! 




No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig