Bacon Cheddar Broccoli Quiche




All week, I've been craving a quiche! I love having leftovers also. It's so easy for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or even dinner. I used a recipe from Martha Stewart and tweaked it a little bit. Everything is better with bacon! Last time I traveled home, my mom stocked us up with our favorite Gary West bacon, so of course we needed to make some quiche to use some of it. 
I made mini versions of these, using muffin pans, for a baby shower awhile back, and they were a huge hit!





INGREDIENTS 
1 pie crust (I used this recipe, but you can use store bought also) 
4 large eggs
1/3 cup chopped white onion
1/3 cup milk (I used 2%)
1 cup broccoli, steamed until tender
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheese
3 strips bacon
Salt
Pepper




DIRECTIONS 
1. Cook bacon and set aside to cool. Once cooled chop into pieces. 
2. Roll out dough, and place in a pie or tart pan. Line inside with parchment paper and fill with pie weights or dried beans. Cook at 375* until edge is light and dry, about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove parchment paper and weights/beans. 
3. In leftover bacon grease, cook onion until tender. 
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. 
5. Add onion, broccoli, bacon, and cheese to the bowl and mix.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste. 
7. Pour into crust and bake until center of quiche is set, about 40-45 minutes. 







Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart Everyday Food - December 2011




No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig